Handling ex's wife who's in same profession. Gossip alienting co-workers.

My ex's wife and I are both teachers in the same county. She has spread rumors about me and has alienated co-workers from me. I have always kept above the fray by not discussing my private affairs. I suspect she may be making up stories. My ex also calls from time to time to tell me how unhappy he is. I have not responded. Yet, co-workers continue to alienate me and use subtle messages and hints to get me to respond. I am private, but this seems to make them angry. I have tried to go out of my way to be professional, but it has impacted my self-esteem and I think I have tried to be too nice. I have moved to new school, but lots of people also know her. What should I do?

Response from Ms. Breuer

Is there an HIV connection here? If so, please clarify it. If not, this is not the right forum for this question, since none of us is a psychologist. Thanks.

HIV and security clearance
student nurse and positive