Health Insurance Quandary

Hello, I'm losing my health insurance from an overseas employer and not eligible for COBRA. Fortunately, I have a friend who is willing to pay any cost to provide me with health insurance for life. What can I expect to pay for a top health insurance provider given that I am HIV+? Do I need to disclose that information? Can they reject me? Is there anyway to guarantee that they won't cancel the policy after a few years if my bills end up being too high? Thank you.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You would probably have to apply for a HIPAA policy due to your current health status. The cost will vary by plan. You should check with an insurance broker in your area to determine the cost of coverage - typically varies by plan design, where you live (zip code) and your age.

Denied further claims while under Doctors care
eating disorders and employment