Travel In China

I am a 41 year old male, healthy and on meds. My job requires much international travel. I am slated to go to China in 2 months. The last time I went, before I was positive I had to take an HIV test. Now I am postive and am afraid that this will be an issue. I was wondering if now that China has "come out" about their AIDS crisis that maybe this rule is gone. The manager that is sending me to China does not know of my status, but the personnel manager does. Any clues? (Note: I wasnt wure where to post this question, as there does not seem to be a category it fits in. Thanks in advance

Response from Ms. Breuer

You came to the right place.

China's internal behavior and its treatment of visitors at the border may be two different realities. Please take yourself to the Website of the US Department of State and search for the international travel restrictions on persons with HIV. They will give you information by country. If you find anything that makes you uneasy, take it up with your personnel manager so you can avoid a difficult encounter at the border. Double check by calling the Chinese embassy or consulate nearest you and asking about HIV-related travel restrictions. You need not identify yourself to make the call. I hope you find no obstacles and have a great trip.

Starting a New Career
HIV & Government Security Clearance