|Im a huc, with a concern
May 21, 2004
what do i do if a physician in my office reads his friends chart, and that friend is not his patient?
| Response from Ms. Breuer
This is one that you take up confidentially with your human resources person, without naming the physician involved. There is no universal Website forum policy on this kind of question. How does your own employer want this handled? Your HR person will be aware of HIPAA and the legal implications of this violation of confidentiality.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where On The Body Can Shingles Break Out?
- What Nerves Does Herpes Affect?
- What Is The Effect Of Syphilis If Left Untreated?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What Happens When You Take The Hpv Vaccine But Already Have Genital Warts?
- Syphilis From A Foot Massage
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.