Good Day Doctors,

I recently waited 12 months and abstained from any risk to HIV. I then got tested for HIV through my Insurance Company. The Insurance company sent my blood(test tube of blood) to a Lab that is licensed by the CLIA and the Lab uses Antibody Testings Certified by the FDA. The test was a blood HIV antibody test. Is the testing by Life Insurance Company on this basis just as accurate as going through a Doctor?

Response from Ms. Breuer

And we're not doctors, but this question we really know. You can put your weight down on the test result, just as if you'd obtained it from a physician.

My boyfriend has the HIV.
Social Security Benefits