May 11, 2004
Good Day Doctors,
I recently waited 12 months and abstained from any risk to HIV. I then got tested for HIV through my Insurance Company. The Insurance company sent my blood(test tube of blood) to a Lab that is licensed by the CLIA and the Lab uses Antibody Testings Certified by the FDA. The test was a blood HIV antibody test. Is the testing by Life Insurance Company on this basis just as accurate as going through a Doctor?
| Response from Ms. Breuer
And we're not doctors, but this question we really know. You can put your weight down on the test result, just as if you'd obtained it from a physician.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Getting Hiv Through Fingering With A Cut On Finger
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
- White Blood Cells And Chlamydia
- Where Does Bacterial Vaginosis Come From?
- What's The Likelihood Of Somebody Getting Herpes From Protected Sex?
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Herpes And Mouth Blisters?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.