Retirement disablity route?

I will be ending my job April 30th. Will be applying for SSI. I have to decide what route to go with my retirement fund. I can apply for retirement disability, which I was told that may help my chances of getting SSI. But it can take 6 months! If I choose to rollover, I have access sooner to monthly allotments. Could SSI base decision on which way I go, or do they even look at that?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I do not think that the Social Security Administration would rely on a determination made under a retirement plan to determine that person's disabled status for Social Security. In fact, it is usually the other way around. Many retirement plans that have a disability benefit require that the participant be determined to be disabled by the Social Security Administration in order to qualify for the retirement plan's disability.

Lif e Insurance for HIV+AIDS
exposure to dried blood