The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Moving and need health care
May 2, 2004

I am planning to move from California to Texas and will be losing the health care porvided by my current job. What are my options for obtaining health care, and what should I expect to pay?

If my HIV keeps me from getting private or affordable health insurance, are there any government plans that will cover me?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Although you should be eligible for COBRA coverage, if your employer offers an insured plan that only provides coverage in California (such as a California HMO), there might not be a COBRA option available to you when you move to Texas. If this is the case, you would be eligible for a HIPAA policy.

Terminated employment- Is long term disability and option?
Lif e Insurance for HIV+AIDS

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint