|Moving and need health care
May 2, 2004
I am planning to move from California to Texas and will be losing the health care porvided by my current job. What are my options for obtaining health care, and what should I expect to pay?
If my HIV keeps me from getting private or affordable health insurance, are there any government plans that will cover me?
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
Although you should be eligible for COBRA coverage, if your employer offers an insured plan that only provides coverage in California (such as a California HMO), there might not be a COBRA option available to you when you move to Texas. If this is the case, you would be eligible for a HIPAA policy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Balls After Licking Genital Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.