Deny life insurance

I have carried a personal life insurance policy for almost 10 years. I believe that an accounting error by the insurance company caused my payment to be applied to another policy. Thus causing my policy to lapse. In order to reinstate my policy, they are requiring an Evidence of Insurability form which requires me to divulge my sero-status; which would probably cause them to deny reinstating my policy or would raise my rates. Do they have the right to do this?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If the error was truly an accounting error on their part, you should not have to submit evidence of insurability to reinstate your coverage. I suggest that you contact them and explain that it was their error and request that they reinstate you. If they refuse to do this, I would contact an attorney for assistance.

Insurance time running out!
Terminated employment- Is long term disability and option?