May 2, 2004
My partner is HIV positive and is leaving a job that has health insurance. He is not planning on working for some time and will therefore be without insurance coverage when COBRA ends. What options are there for private insurance with a pre-existing HIV diagnosis. Also, he received an AIDS diagnosis 10 years ago, although his health has improved with combination therapy.
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
Your partner would be eligible for a HIPAA policy once his COBRA coverage ends as long as he doesn't have a lapse in coverage of greater than 63 days.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Risk And Menstrual Blood On Toilet
- Can A Urinary Tract Infection Cause False Positive Hiv Screening?
- Burn Blisters And Hiv Virus
- What Do You Do If You Accidentally Inject Yourself With Hiv Needle?
- Can You Get Hepatitis From Smoking Pot?
- Can U Get Hiv From Sharing A Drink With Someone Who Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.