Catch Hiv from Blood on a duster

Hi there,

First of all I need to explain that I am a very nervous person and the thought of catching HIV has scarred my life since 1990 when a one night stand performed oral sex on me. I have since become obsessed with catching this virus and do my best to stay clear of gay people, drug users etc. I know this might sound awful as I have nothing against gays but I am scared stiff. I have only ever had full sexual intercourse with one person - my wife and have never taken drugs.

It is now coming to the stage of my life when I can't even touch door handles or shake hands. The other day a fellow worker cut her hand and a colleague helped dress it. I stayed yards away but even now I convince myself that a cleaner dusted her desk which she had had a bloody hanky on and then walked past me with the duster a few minutes later. As she was walking with the duster what if a bit of dried blood came off the duster (if there was any on)and landed in my eye - I was only a few feet away. What are the risks? What can I do to get my life back.

Thanks Steve

Response from Ms. Breuer

Steve, You don't need a Website. You need professional counseling. Please get it as soon as you read this. Your fears are taking over your life. Life is precious and short, and you deserve better than living inside a prison of your own construction.

Now. Not later. Now.

Helping a Friend
Response to Rick: Reentry as Permanent Resident