HIPAA vs. Medicare & how to pay for meds.?

Do HIPAA laws apply (Florida) if you are eligible for Medicare? and If Medicate is my only option, what type of assistance is available for purchasing HIV meds?? ( My income is over $45k (private disability + SSDI) and the retail cost of my medications is $30k annually. I am visually impaired (if that matters...).

Thanks from someone who can nott afford to pay for meds. but it appears has more income to qualify for assistance ( "caught in the middle??" )

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Contact a local insurance broker to research purchasing a Medicare gap policy. I am assuming that you are under age 65. If this is the case, you would probably only be able to purchase coverage through an HMO which you would pay a premium for and sign your Medicare benefits over to. You should also look into the Medicare prescription drug discount card that should be available in June of this year.

SSDI & LTD RTW incentives
Insurance