Nurse Changing Job

I am a nurse and one prospective employer has given me a Communicable Disease form and wants me to list any, and also any chronic conditions i might have. I have been HIV+ for a year and a half, i'm off meds (STI) and have been undetectable minus my initial lab draw. Am i required to provide that confidential information? I understand why, but really would rather not have anyone know at my new employment.

Thanks TJ in Texas.

P.S. on the form it says, typhoid, measles, AIDS, TB, etc...

Response from Ms. Breuer

Please take Communicable Disease Form to your physician and state that you want your confidentiality protected. This hot potato belongs in your provider's lap, not yours. Your provider may be familiar with the site and the kind of work done there, and may even know someone there who would answer questions about how well this employer maintains confidentiality of employees' medical information. If they do a poor job, this isn't the employer for you anyway.

There is no good reason to limit your activities as a nurse except to constrain you from performing blind invasive procedures, a fairly standard hospital constraint on those who have bloodborne diseases. But you have every right and reason to know who would be involved in making that decision, and how widely your status would be known.

AIDS and the Law
disability for freelance,contract worker