Pharmacy communicating with employer...

My pharmacy has provided the names and dosages of my HIV meds to my employer...Now my employer has called me and is quetioning why these meds, namely Marinol, are required. Is this a HIPAA violation?

Response from Ms. Breuer

It seems likely to me that it is a HIPAA violation. What proof do you have? Whatever you have, take it to an officer of the company or the HR director and ask for an explanation of why your confidentiality is being violated in this way. I encourage you to talk first with an attorney so that you protect your rights in that conversation.

HOUSKEEPER BLUES
Insurance coverage