|Pharmacy communicating with employer...
Apr 9, 2004
My pharmacy has provided the names and dosages of my HIV meds to my employer...Now my employer has called me and is quetioning why these meds, namely Marinol, are required. Is this a HIPAA violation?
Response from Ms. Breuer
It seems likely to me that it is a HIPAA violation. What proof do you have? Whatever you have, take it to an officer of the company or the HR director and ask for an explanation of why your confidentiality is being violated in this way. I encourage you to talk first with an attorney so that you protect your rights in that conversation.
- Is Lexapro Used To Treat Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Does The Hiv Rash Look Like Bug Bites?
- In Hiv Does White Blood Cells Or Red Blood Cells Have To Do With Hiv
- Tested Hiv Negative After 4 Weeks
- Will Urine Be A Certain Color If You Have Chlamydia?
- Treatment Of Chlamydia How Long Before Symptoms Gone
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.