pre existing condition

I am currently unemployed and have just been accepted for private health care coverage by Blue Shield of California. I have recently found out that I am HIV positive via anonymous testing. What factors should I consider prior to disclosing my HIV status to my doctor and Blue Shield, and could I be excluded from treatment of my illness under a pre-existing condition clause?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

As long as your coverage with Blue Cross is in place and you have not seen a doctor for an HIV test which truned out to be positive or received treatment for an HIV-related illness in the period of time specified in the plan (usually 90 days) prior to the effective date of the coverage, you should be able to see a doctor, have him test you to determine whether or not you are HIV+ and the begin any necessary treatment.

OI treatment coverage
Is Expensive Health Care the Only Option After COBRA???