Alternative Feminine Hygiene Disposal Method

Dear Nancy,

I felt it my duty to let you and other women know that there is an alternative to the little metal disposal units for disposing of soiled feminine hygiene products. At least in NE Ohio. Our office building has a hands-free unit that sits beside the toilet for proper disposal of feminine hygiene products. It has a foot pedal that opens a tray on the top of the unit. It is a much more hygienic and safe method of disposal and the tray hides the other feminine products in the unit. There is also a cinnamon scent that covers the odors. A company named Cannon Hygiene comes in regularly and completely removes the used units and leaves newly santized unit. Their web-site is www.cannonhygieneusa.com. Please let everyone know that we finally have a choice.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Thanks for the information. It does sound more hygienic. I trust you're already aware that touching or cleaning out a container for used napkins is not a risk for acquiring HIV, but this device could lower the risk for contact with hepatitis B.

Coverage from state to state
OI treatment coverage