|Layed Off after mentioning future FMLA
Mar 31, 2004
I wrote an email to our HR Director stating that I would be requesting FMLA after my wife delivered in August. I was then part of a Layoff that seemed to be totally subjective in the selection process. Do I have any recourse?
| Response from Ms. Breuer
It doesn't seem logical that someone planning on unpaid leave would be targeted in a layoff, and you'd have a hard time proving a cause and effect connection. For legal advice about recourse, you'd need to ask a lawyer, which none of us is.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Know If You Have Shingles?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Itchy Rash After Receptive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Receiving Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.