|Layed Off after mentioning future FMLA
Mar 31, 2004
I wrote an email to our HR Director stating that I would be requesting FMLA after my wife delivered in August. I was then part of a Layoff that seemed to be totally subjective in the selection process. Do I have any recourse?
| Response from Ms. Breuer
It doesn't seem logical that someone planning on unpaid leave would be targeted in a layoff, and you'd have a hard time proving a cause and effect connection. For legal advice about recourse, you'd need to ask a lawyer, which none of us is.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Fingering Stripper?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Having Sex During Period?
- Can Someone Get HIV From Anal Fingering?
- Can You Catch HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Get AIDS From Touching Penis?
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Sensual Massage
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.