Mar 31, 2004
What legal barriers may I face regarding my HIV status and becoming a commercial pilot. What federal regulations, if any will prohibit or limit my goal as a pilot.
| Response from Ms. Breuer
As far as I know, the feds (FAA) do not have a clear ruling on this, but individual airlines/carriers set their own standards. I encourage you to contact a few commercial carriers, or ask someone you know who already works for one, to learn whether there is a specific policy on pilots and HIV. If our readers include anyone who knows more about this topic, I'd be grateful for more information.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Blisters After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.