|Employed with no insurance
Mar 3, 2004
I am currenly HIV+ but have no insurance. I am currenlty employed but the employer does not offer insurance because its a contract position. I make almost 40K/yr so more than likely I will not qualify for any state plans. What can I do?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
Here are a few suggestions: 1. Ask your employer to hire you as an employee. 2. Check to see if there is a professional group (for example, if you do accouunting work, an accounting organization) that you could join and buy coverage under their group plan. 3. Sign up with a temporary agency that offers coverage and ask your employer to hire you through that agency. 4. Contact an insurance broker and inquire what plans might be available to you on an individual basis.
Does Medicare have a pre-approval process for surgery?
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Over The Counter Products That Test For Vaginal Infections
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
- 14 Months After Possible Exposure Results Non Reactive
- Confirmed Cases Of Hiv By Tattoos
- Differences Between Hepatitis B And Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.