Going from large group to small

Hello. I'm planning to make a move from a company with 50+ employees to one with only 4, and I'd like to know how this may affect my health insurance situation. The small company who has just hired me offers group coverage, but am I putting the whole plan at risk since I'm HIV+? In other words, will Blue Cross Blue Shield deny the entire group coverage because of my status? My new boss has health issues of his own for which he needs coverage, and I don't want to screw things up for him and for myself. I've seen stories on this forum of insurers denying whole groups coverage--how do I know if this will happen? How can I protect myself? Any input will be most appreciated. Thanks for your wonderful service...

Response from Ms. Franzoi

This is difficult to answer. With a small group, if the costs far exceed the premium, this could result in significant increases in the annual premium that your employer will have to pay.

Insurance question
Does Medicare have a pre-approval process for surgery?