|Employee Issue with HIV
Feb 18, 2004
What does a nursing supervisor do if a nurse says she wants to be assigned to a different patient because her current patient is HIV positive with an open wound? Employee says it is because of religious beliefs...
| Response from Ms. Breuer
Refusal to treat a patient with HIV is hardly a "religious" issue. I am unaware of the requirement to practice bigotry in any religion. It's a direct refusal to perform an essential function of the job. I recommend that you treat it as an educational issue first, then a disciplinary issue--all in the same conversation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Hair Loss After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.