another follow up to a few insurance questions

so HIPAA is just a law.or is it actual coverage? Is HIPAA and or the other coverage you mentioned affordable? I currently pay 230 a month for cobra...when it runs out...and if I am not back at work..am I looking at having to pay a lot more for coverage. If I went on Medicare..that would not qualify me as keeping insurance in order for me to have coverage when I come back to work without having to deal with the pre existing clause...correct?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

HIPAA stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. This Act provides individuals with certain rights that make portability of coverage possible. Insurance companies offer individual medical policies that are called HIPAA policies and meet the requirements of the Act. Typically, a HIPAA policy is more costly than a standard medical policy. When your COBRA runs out, you would be eligible to purchase a HIPAA policy from any insurer that offers individual policies without satisfying evidence of good health and without being subject to a pre-existing condition clause. (This assumes that you do not have a break in coverage of 63 days or more because if you do, you will not be eligible for a HIPAA policy.) Medicare would count towards the creditable coverage that an employer's group plan must recognize.

HIPAA, etc.
ADA question>