Future employment consequenses to recieving disability?

If I apply for and recieve government disability payments could there be any future consequenses to future employment? For example, i've heard stories of employers denying jobs to long term disease sufferers.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Unless you're asked directly, there would be no reason to bring up having received disability payments from any source. And what would the reason be for the direct question? If I were to receive a direct question about a history of disability income, I would ask why the person was asking, and present myself as truly puzzled while they answered.

If asked about a gap in employment history, explain that you were caring for a serious medical condition in the family (entirely true) and move on to the real matter at hand: what you can bring to this employer that will fulfill this employer's needs. Focus the interview on your skills and what you could do for them, not on your medical situation (private) or sources of past income( none of their business).

How can I cover my drug costs?
Does wording on insurance form offer loophole?