Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

ADA???
Jan 29, 2004

I have read in this forum and other information websites that persons with disabilities are covered under the ADA, if it doesnt cause an undue hardship for the company. I am soon to be requesting resonable accomidation (reduced work schedule) due to fatigue. I am working over 80 hours a week, and requesting 60 hours a week. My question is what IF the accomidation is not approved? Does the company have to pay disability (thru my private insurance)? Not sick enough to be on SS, Do i have to quit and look for another job? . I cannot seem to find the answer to this in the website i have searched. And what if they say ok to the accomidation and your immediate supervisor still continues the same practices? This is in the state of Alabama and ADEP did not know the answer.

The reason for this is, I dont want to disclose my status if there is there is not really a reason to. I have lost one job because of HIV and time off required to go to dr.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Nancy, This has your name written all over it.

Previous
getting SSDI
Next
WHAT DO I TELL THE PATIENT?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.