disabililty insurance

I was wondering if a CD 4 count below 200 thus AIDS would qualify for disability insurance even if the person was still able to work.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Disability policies have provisions that determine when an individual is eligible to receive benefits. These definitions typically state that in order to be eligible for benefits, you must be unable to perform the material duties and functions of your occupation or, in some plans, any occupation for which you are reasonably qualified based on education, training or experience. The Social Security Administration states that in order to qualify, you must be so severely impaired, physically or mentally, that you cannot perform any substantial gainful work. Since you are able to work, I do not think you would qualify.

Returning Part Time
applying for SSDI