|Aids risk when working with a CBI
Jan 20, 2004
Hi, I am a Nurse working at a hospital in Montreal and I find myself worrying alot about an episode when I was emptying a pt's complete bladder irrigation bag and a drop of the bloody fluid contents flew in my eye. Should I be worried about Aids transmission by this route.
Response from Ms. Breuer
Bloody fluid in direct contact with the eye is worth following up. Please contact the infection control person at your hospital immediately and get advice about follow-up. I am not qualified to do a post-exposure analysis, but that person is.
positive service member
- Do People Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.