Silly Worries

I am a healthcare worker and have been worried about something that I know is silly, but just need some reasssurance. I was reading a chart of an hiv, hcv patient and got a nasty papercut flipping through the pages. I washed the cut, and didn't give it another thought. Now I wonder if I should have worried about any possible exposure. Any facts will be help ease my worry.

Response from Ms. Breuer

The only silly aspect of this is your willingness to subject yourself to this kind of worry when you are a healthcare worker and probably confront these issues every day. For the sake of your stomach lining and your own professional competence, please review the HIV transmission information on this Web site and others linked to it. You'll have a hard time finding a category called "paper cut HIV transmission," I assure you.

To find the most reliable information about HCV transmission, I recommend the Web site of the Hepatitis Foundation. I know less about HCV and would not presume to lay out the facts for you on HCV transmission.

How to obtain prescription drugs after insurance
should i be worried