PPO vs HMO

Is it legal for my work to increase the ins payments per check for the employee who has PPO ins and not increase the ins payment for the exclusive (HMO) employee? My work increased my PPO ins rate from 129/check to 184/check. The exclusive plan employees had no increase.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Yes. They're different plans, governed by different contracts, with different costs to the employer. This gives you something to think about between now and your next open enrollment period. I recommend that you learn as much as you can about the benefits/prescription coverage/HIV specialty coverage of the HMO between now and then, so you can make an informed decision.

Tricky Life Insurance application
Long Term Disability