Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Going Back To Work
Jan 13, 2004

Hello and Happy New Year! I am looking to to back to work since I was out collecting a severance package. I was aware of an employment agency that helps people with HIV find work in the New York area. Might you be able to help me with this?

Thanks

Response from Ms. Breuer

Congratulations! and happy new year to you.

I've been aware of several organizations in New York over the years that have provided this service, but my information for New York is not current. I advise you to ask this question of a few local AIDS service organizations, which are much more likely to know who is reliable and legitimate. And don't discount the tried and true methods for job searching. Hint: you're not a person with HIV looking for a job. Not primarily, at least. You're a person with SKILLS looking for a job who happens to have HIV. Lead with your skills. You have no obligation to mention your diagnosis unless you're applying for work as a surgeon. Okay? Good luck!

Previous
Citibank
Next
What now?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.