work or school?

My question is can I receive benefits from both social security and private disability while going to school? I have been on both for almost ten years now. I had an hourly position in the hospitality industry before my illness and diability began. I don`t want to just return to work doing what I did before in a stressfull job. I want a degree! I know about the ticket to work program and vocational rehab. Both involve a cap or time frame for benefits to end. Are there any grants available to people in my position? case managers in my area are so unavailable because of the huge numbers of people with hiv here.Maybe a sugestion as to where to begin my search.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You should contact the Social Security Administration to see how they treat attendance at school as I know they do have provisions for rehabilitation and trial work which allow an individual to return to the workplace. With respect to your disability plan, you would have to contact the administrator to determine how the plan works. Most plans have rehab and/or return to work provisions.

pre-existing clause questions
wife of HIV+ husband