hiv in workplace

I am a HIV postitive nurse. What kind of work can I do now? Should I not work in the hospital setting or be restricted from other areas of nursing? Nursing was my calling and I am torn between ethics and confidentiality.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Who told you that nurses with HIV couldn't work as nurses? It isn't true!

First, check with your own employer's policy on bloodborne pathogens and disclosure. Unless you are performing blind invasive procedures, you may not face restrictions.

Then take yourself quickly to the Web site of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, ANAC, and learn from their extensive experience with HIV+ nurses. You have LOTS of options within nursing.

www.anacnet.org

GO!

New AIDS diagnosis
pre-existing clause questions