blood contact

while I was working at a grocery store, one lady assked me to throw away a tissue for her because she couldn't find a thrash can. I had a cut in my hand but it was a day old. the tissue touched my cut and the tissue had blood in it. I was scared, so three months later I got checked for HIV and tested negative. can HIV be transmitted this way?

Response from Ms. Breuer

Please take yourself to the transmission information section of this Web site without pausing to do anything except breathe. You are suffering needless anxiety because you lack information about how HIV is transmitted. Please be kind to yourself and ease your mind with more information about HIV. Okay?

Selective employmee group (commercial divers) annual physical-HIV blood test?
Pre-employment physical