Dec 10, 2003
How do I find out if my state has a HIPAA policy? I am considering quitting my job, COBRA would cover 18 months, but worried about when that stops.
| Response from Ms. Breuer
Your state is covered by HIPAA. HIPAA is federal law, and federal law trumps state law. Some states, such as California, have provisions that extend privacy protections and other features of the bill further than the feds do, but all states are included in coverage. Before you make more decisions, though, please learn what HIPAA can and cannot do for you. Start with the information on this Web site, and follow links to other sites that explain the bill.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hair Loss After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Rash After Cunilingus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Sharing Dildos Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Slipped Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.