Paycut upon completion of probationary period!

I recently sucessfully completed my company's (rebate processing center)322 hour probationary period and last week, myself and eight others received a congratulatory email welcoming us aboard, contingent of course upon the drug screen and background check. Currently, we are payed through the staffing company that found us the position. Much to my chagrin, the aforementioned new associates were called to an extremely impromptu meeting wherein we were informed that upon becoming associates, our pay would decrease 1.25/hour! As it stood, we were receiving 10.75/hour through the staffing company. As to add insult to injury, those employees at the call center will still be receiving 11/hour (new associates used to receive a whooping 25 cents an hour raise.) I am a 48 year old male who has been assigned to Dell rebates, our number one client. In short, all of the selected are performing at parity or above! Quite frankly, I have been finding it difficult to stay. I contacted the staffing firm and they informed me that they could only begin a new job search after I resign. There seems to be something patently unfair about this whole thing as the money saved is peanuts in the bigger scheme of things. Any light you might be able to provide to me as to why the CEO of this privatley held company opted to do this would certainly help me to try to find some kind of closure and peace of mind. V/R, Michael

Response from Ms. Breuer

I've read your question several times, and you may have posted your question to the wrong Web site. We deal with HIV as a workplace issue. While the treatment you have received seems to be gratuitously disrespectful, it's unrelated to HIV, so I need to send you to your company's HR department to ask these questions. Good luck!

HIV exposure during my Job
HIPAA coverage