It seems a old question, but it keeps bother me much. Just the other day, a water pipe worker worked in my apartment and he broke his hand with a little bleed. I just wondering if he touched the doornork or somthing and then i touch again and i touch my lips(which has a little bit broke). Will i be infected?? I know the HIV wont surive long. However, hep c may. Will it be infectious if the trace of blood is so little that it is nearly undetectable?? Forgive me if this question is too silly. I do anxious about it. cheers

Response from Ms. Breuer

Please check out the information on this Web site about hepatitis C. In the meantime, give any surface that human blood has touched a nice swipe with alcohol or any ordinary household cleaner as soon as you realize it's been touched by human blood. Shiny doorknobs, far less stress!

HIV exposure during my Job