Hooked on Anti-viral drugs !!!

I am insured right now and work is great,my insurance covers me for the current month's drugs and I am happy so far that my demands are met by a simple co pay. Godforbid I loose my job,my insurance is off,my drug supply cut off,either the actual cost is way high as now I do not feel the pinch with a 15 dollar co pay. Do I have to continuiously work to get my dose of drugs because if I do give a break I will become resistant to the combo I currently have. How do I overcome this fear of not having the drugs by muy side to sustain me ? I mean you will say COBRA but been there and the transition is a costly one too ( premiums are high) and would become unaffordable ifI have no job. What are the paths or face the inevitibel- loose your insurance, along with that the doctor and the meds untill I drag my feet to ADAP but too late for my continued med support. please advice thank you

Brian

Response from Ms. Breuer

Access to meds is becoming more difficult, not easier, alas. You are wise to be thinking about continuing your access. Your lifeline is your job, because that's the best access to prescription drug coverage.

I recommend taking all of the random nervous energy now invested in worrying about keeping your access to meds and invest it in outstanding performance on the job. Make yourself so valuable that they couldn't imagine letting you go. Make yourself so valuable that if they do have to let you go, they'll give you a strong recommendation. Yes, you'd end up riding COBRA, but thanks to HIPAA, you could begin a new job (with those great recommendations) without a waiting period for prescription drug coverage.

That's the best set of scenarios I can imagine for the dilemma you describe.

can i sue?
Afraid of open wounds