Work in HIV child care home

Hello. I am working as a volunteer recently and I have recently asked to work with AIDS and HIV children. I had a wonderful time, but the children were very physical with me, they hugging on me and climbing on me and while singing with me, a few children spit on my face unintentionally and some of them even kiss on my lips. Though I have, of course, always learned saliva and physical contact is not a risk for spreading the virus,but I would like to ask about the kissing part since a lot of kids are very active with me and they even kiss on my lips, and I have some canker sores on the tongue, will the HIV pass via my canker sore and I will become affected, what I mean is will a dry kiss make me in a risky situation.. I just want to further confirmed since I want to help out the children and I don't want myself to have any misconceptions or unneeded concerns.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Blood, semen, vaginal fluids, breast milk. Those are the infectious fluids, and that's the good news. Have a great time with the kids. Your affection--and your acceptance of theirs--is life-sustaining to them. Rehearse in your mind how you would respond if one of them were bleeding. That's the only theoretical risk you face.

Vacationing in Europe and HIV +
ethics and confidentiality