Over-seas Travelling When Infected

I was wondering if you are diagnosed with HIV/AIDS, are you not allowed to travel overseas? In applying for a working holiday visa to Australia, will my application be invalid? Are you not allowed to leave Canada to spend up to a year in another country if infected? And if you are allowed to travel, will the people approving the Visa's be aware of your health condition? Thanks so much for your help.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Your travel rights will be somewhat limited, but travel to Australia should not be a problem. I suggest contacting the consulate of the countries to which you would like to travel and asking them what requirements they have concerning travelers with HIV. The United States Department of State offers updated travel information for those with HIV on its Website, so there's another source. (I don't know the Canadian equivalent.) Apart from a number of countries in the Middle East, one of the most restrictive places for you to visit with HIV would be, of course, the US.

Do not lie on any visa application. If you carry your medications with you, obviously they will be a statement of your condition. But if you know the host country's policies ahead, you should be able to plan well.

Teaching And HIV
Working in a restraunt.