Medical Record Disclosure For Life Insurance

My husband is HIV+ and I am negative. I have applied for life insurance and will undergo medical exam. The life insurance agent states he will also get in contact with my personal physician for release of medical records. My question - can I ask my physician to not disclose certain parts of my medical records (i.e. HIV testing r/t husband's status). I am afraid I will be turned down because of my husband's status.

Response from Ms. Breuer

By all means, talk with your physician about your privacy concerning HIV testing. Your husband's status is not material to your own application for life insurance. I trust you understand that you will be tested for HIV anyway in the course of applying for the insurance.

help this elementary school teacher with a cmv child
Restrictions on pre- and practicing health professionals w/ viral diseases?