help this elementary school teacher with a cmv child

hi, i am of child bearing age and planning a pregnacy this fall. A child in one of my classes has cmv and i have been warned to stay away from him. i am going for the blood test but all the teachers pregnant or not are in an uproar about this. what are my legal rights that will protect me and my unborn child yet will hopefully not affect this kindergartener. thank you

Response from Ms. Breuer

Please talk with your health care provider about any precautions you would need to take. Most people have been exposed to CMV, as it turns out. I learned when I worked for the Red Cross that the few people who do not have CMV antibodies in their blood are the only ones who can donate blood for newborns. Most of the rest of us have been exposed, and handle the virus without difficulty.

HCV and disclosure
Medical Record Disclosure For Life Insurance