unknown disclosure of medical status

dear doctor, even though my work exposure to hiv and hep was nov, 2000,i recently found out from a coworker that my status regarding the needle stick and my medical care were discussed between supervisors and employees. i am still on workmens comp, and need to know where i stand regarding this disclosure. any help would be appreciated. thankyou

Response from Ms. Breuer

What can you prove?

If this is all hearsay, you cannot do much. If someone is willing to document having been part of a conversation about your medical status without your permission, then you have something to go on.

I suggest that you contact your employer directly and ask what precautions your employer is taking to protect your confidentiality. There are hefty fines now under HIPAA for disclosing someone's status without their permission. Your question should serve notice that they're on thin ice...if what you've been told is accurate.

Is it possible that someone is pulling your chain?

hiv+ people
oral sex