Same Health coverage diffirent Employer

I was recently laid-off a job in which I held for many years. I elected to recieve coverage through Cobra. My question is concerning Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Texas, They were the company used by my former employer and cobra, I now am with a new Company which is also using Blue Cross, as I re-apply for the new coverage I read this line on the back of the app " I understand that the health coverage I am applying for may be subject to a pre-existing condition exclusion (not applicable if applying for HMO). This line concerns me,Can the same Insurance Co. reject me now that I am now under a new group name?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I think what the new company's plan is stating is that there might be an exclusion for a pre-existing condition. If this is the case, you should get a certificate of creditable coverage from your former employer. This certificate will state the period of time you were covered under the prior plan, including COBRA coverage. If the new plan has a pre-existing condition clause, the plan would have to recognize this creditable cioverage period towards its pre-existing condition period unless you went more than 63 days with out coverage.

Which is best?
Upper Management telling Managers of HIV/AIDS employee condition