Which is best?

Thank you so much for answering all of my questions. It has been very helpful.

I have one last question. I don't know if I am positive or not. I want to get health insurance before being tested. In your opinion which is better a 20 after deductable or a copay? Also, it seems that if I do test positive most of the bills would be from prescription drugs. Would I be better getting a copay on prescription drugs and pay a higher premium, than paying a lower premium, 1,000 deductable and 20 after the deductable?

I am so confused with all of the policy choices and I want to make sure that if I do test positive I will have the best care possible.

Finally, if I get really expensive insurance and then test negative, can I change my policy after, say a month?

Your thoughs and comments are greatly appreciated. I am new to all of this and am very confused. THANK YOU AGAIN.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Whether or not a flat dollar co-pay or a percentage of cost co-pay would be better for you depends on the nature of your medical charges and what your needs are. You should carefully review the provisions for each option, including freedom of choice, prescription drug benefits, if the plan has in and out of network providers who the providers are, etc. Then make a choice based on which plan meets your needs. There isn't one that is better for than the other; it depends on your particular circumstances. One might be less expensive but have less choice and vice versa. If you were to choose the more expensive plan and then test negative, it should be fairly easy to drop to a lower level of coverage. However, check the terms of the policy to see if this can be done at any time or only at specific times.

Major Depression, Fatigue and Long Term Disability
Same Health coverage diffirent Employer