Major Depression, Fatigue and Long Term Disability

I have lost my medical certificate due to a major depression incident, with the lost has taken me off my job and onto short term disability and evenutally long term dis. Is long term secured or can I be "let go" for any reason without adequate notice?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

The length of time for which you are eligible for long term disability benefits depends on the nature of your of illness and the terms of your LTD plan. Most LTD plans have a 24 month maximum for disability related to mental or nervous disorders and benefits to age 65 for other illnesses. If your disability is due to depression, your benefits might be for 24 months only. Check the terms of your plan to find out how long benefits will be paid.

Hiv Insurance
Which is best?