Aug 28, 2003
I think that I may have had recent contact with and HIV + individual. I currently don't have health insurance. I read in one of your other responses that HIV test is a condition. If I am now positive, what do I do? What if I can't afford the doctor's visits or drugs? Please help.
Response from Ms. Franzoi
Contact a local insurance broker to find out which individual plans are available in your area. Then choose a plan, fill out the application and submit it. Answer the questions honestly. Applications will have a question re your HIV status but they typically do not require you to get an HIV test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Touching Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.