employers health insurance plan

I am hiv positive and have been receiving treatment privately. I have received benefits/assistance from a state plan. My current employer of 1 yeaqr does offer health insurance. I have declined coverage thus far. I am considering enrolling in this insurance. Can the insurance company refuse to cover me? What if I Am required to take an exam? Please help. I understand very little of this process and am not confident that my state assistance will last forever.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Since you waived coverage when first eligible, you would have to wait for the next open enrollment to enroll in the plan. Open enrollment is usually during the last quarter of the calendar year with a January 1 effective date. However, not all plans have the same open enrollment period. Review the summary plan description for your health plan to determine when open enrollment is and then complete the forms when you receive them. There should be no physical exam required.

Need Adivce on Insurance.
No insurance