Cobra

Hello I am currently on Cobra. It will not run out for another 17 months, but my question is if I am not working again in that time..can I extend it(if I am still disabled) and if yes..how can I start the process now. Also..I am applying for SS disability do you have any tips and are there programs in Cal. that will help me pay for my cobra payments? thanks so much

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You cannot extend COBRA but you could obtain a HIPAA policy when your COBRA expires as long as you don't go more than 63 days without coverage. Contact the state (probably the unemployment or disability offices) and they should be able to advise you whether or not you qualify for assistance with your COBRA premium.

lapse in life insurance
Getting Social Security Dis.