The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Aug 22, 2003

Hello I am currently on Cobra. It will not run out for another 17 months, but my question is if I am not working again in that time..can I extend it(if I am still disabled) and if can I start the process now. Also..I am applying for SS disability do you have any tips and are there programs in Cal. that will help me pay for my cobra payments? thanks so much

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You cannot extend COBRA but you could obtain a HIPAA policy when your COBRA expires as long as you don't go more than 63 days without coverage. Contact the state (probably the unemployment or disability offices) and they should be able to advise you whether or not you qualify for assistance with your COBRA premium.

lapse in life insurance
Getting Social Security Dis.

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint