Aug 22, 2003
Hello I am currently on Cobra. It will not run out for another 17 months, but my question is if I am not working again in that time..can I extend it(if I am still disabled) and if yes..how can I start the process now. Also..I am applying for SS disability do you have any tips and are there programs in Cal. that will help me pay for my cobra payments? thanks so much
Response from Ms. Franzoi
You cannot extend COBRA but you could obtain a HIPAA policy when your COBRA expires as long as you don't go more than 63 days without coverage. Contact the state (probably the unemployment or disability offices) and they should be able to advise you whether or not you qualify for assistance with your COBRA premium.
lapse in life insurance
Getting Social Security Dis.
- Will I Have Hpv For The Rest Of My Life?
- Will A Person That Has Chlamydia Always Have The Disease?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Is There That Has Symptoms Similar To Genital Herpes?
- What Does Herpes On The Vagina Look Like?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.