|Can an HMO be forced to cover facial wasting surgery?
Aug 22, 2003
Hello- I recently read that a bill was passed in California that forces HMO's to cover surgery for facial wasting if you petition your carrier. Is this true?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
There was pending legislation in California re certain injections for wasting syndrome. I do not know if that passed. I suggest that you contact your doctor who should be able to advise you what the law is and what the requirements are for the procedure to be covered.
Lost Need Help HIPAA? COBRA?
- HIV Infection Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
- Are Chronic Yeast Infection And Swollen Glands Sign Of Hiv?
- Can Hepatitis B And C Survive In Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.