|Can an HMO be forced to cover facial wasting surgery?
Aug 22, 2003
Hello- I recently read that a bill was passed in California that forces HMO's to cover surgery for facial wasting if you petition your carrier. Is this true?
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
There was pending legislation in California re certain injections for wasting syndrome. I do not know if that passed. I suggest that you contact your doctor who should be able to advise you what the law is and what the requirements are for the procedure to be covered.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Having Oral Sex?
- Home Remedies For Vaginal Thrush
- How Long Does It Take Before Gonorrhea Causes Prostatitis?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.