Can an HMO be forced to cover facial wasting surgery?
Aug 22, 2003
Hello- I recently read that a bill was passed in California that forces HMO's to cover surgery for facial wasting if you petition your carrier. Is this true?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
There was pending legislation in California re certain injections for wasting syndrome. I do not know if that passed. I suggest that you contact your doctor who should be able to advise you what the law is and what the requirements are for the procedure to be covered.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Foreplay Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.