|HIV and Life Insurance
Aug 22, 2003
I am 34 years old and have never had life insurance. However, I am HIV+ and am unable to get a group life insurance policy through my job. Is it true that I will not be able to get an individual life insurance policy either?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
I don't understand why you can't get life insurance through your employer, unless your employer only offers a voluntary plan. However, if your employer offers a company-paid basic plan, you should be covered. You might be able to purchase an individual policy. Guaranteed Trust Life Insurance Company issues coverage up to $250,000 to individuals between the ages of 21 and 49 who are HIV+, subject to medical underwriting. I believe other carriers also offer coverage. Contact a local insurance broker to determine what policies might be available to you.
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Be Cured With Over The Counter Wart Medicine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.