Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

nancy its from { INDIA}
Jul 23, 2003

HI IS TESTING CONSIDERED ACCURATE AT 84 DAYS WHICH IS {7 X 12 WEEKS} OR 90 DAYS.

I HAD A NEGLIGIBLE EXPOSURE,THOUGHT THE NEEDLE WAS USED ONE 2 DRAW MY BLOOD BUT IAM NOT SURE.....THE NEEDLE CAP WAS ON AND SAW NO BLOOD ON THE TIP OF THE NEEDLE ASWELL AND BESIDES MY DOC SAID THEY USE DISPOSABLE NEEDLES AND SYRINGES AND NEW SET OF NEEDLES AND SYRINGES FOR EVERY PATIENT?

I THINK IAM INFECTED ,IS THIS ANEXITY OR THIS IS A REALITY? THIS ALL HAPPENED ON 1 MAY NOW WHEN SHOULD I TEST?

AND IF THE NEEDLE HAD HIV + BLOOD IN IT AND MY BLOOD MIXED WITH THAT WHILE MY BLOOD WAS DRAWN..........WOULD THEN MY TEST BE POSITIVE? RIGHT NOW ITS NEGATIVE?

Response from Ms. Breuer

This sounds like a case of infection with fear of HIV. The situation you describe is highly unlikely to transmit HIV, and you have your doctor's assurance of disposable needles. Please trust the test result. Depending on the test you are using, your result is about 99% reliable at 12 weeks. At six months, you will be able to think of it as 100% reliable. Is there anything else going on in your life that puts you at risk for HIV? Where is this fear coming from? I urge you to get some help with those questions, my friend.

Previous
cobra
Next
workplace drug test

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.