Disability Payment for Depression

I am newly infected and experiencing extreme fatigue and depression. I've not been able to concentrate at work for the past two months. My numbers are good CD4 1000, and VL 10,000, but I am overwhelmed with depression. I cannot cope with daily work and social life. I am seeing a social worker. Will I be able to collect from disability if I am unable to work? Or,If I start taking meds and have more emotional side effects, will i be able to collect in that capacity?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You should review the terms of your disability coverages, both short term and long term. Most disability plans provide for the payment of benefits due to mental and/or nervous disorders. However, you should discuss this with your doctor because there might be both physical and mental reasons impacting your ability to work. Most long term disability plans that provide coverage for disability due to a mental or nervous condition limit that benefit to two years.

College roomate is positive
HGH